Awards and Distinctions
The year of 2010 marked a series of distinctions for the Itaúsa Conglomerate companies. They are awards, highlights, certifications and rankings from different prestigious Brazilian and international entities. All of them share a focus on high performance, management quality and commitments to sustainability.
- Itaúsa earned first place in terms of earnings on the list of the country's 200 Most Representative Business Groups according to the ranking of Exame Magazine's "Biggest and Best".
- It was listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the seventh consecutive time. And for the fourth consecutive year, it occupied the top position in the Financial Services sector in the Environmental and Social categories. There are seven Brazilian companies in the 2010/2011 edition – including two from the Itaúsa Conglomerate – Itaú Unibanco Holding S.A. and its subsidiary Redecard S.A.
- Red Dot Award 2010, granted to the Deca Division Twin filters line in the Home and Kitchen category. Duratex was the first Brazilian company to receive this award. The product was also honored by the Good Design Award and received the SENAI/SP Excellence Design 2010 Award.
- 2010 CIESP Business Excellence Award for the Agudos (SP) unit, offered by the São Paulo State Center of Industries (CIESP) in the Large Company category.
- The most recalled brand in the MDP and MDF Panels categories during the 5th Edition of the Top Mobile 2010 Award.
- Top of Mind Award in the Bathroom Accessories and Fixtures and Durafloor Laminate Floor category.
- 1st place among the construction and decoration material companies for the "Dinheiro Magazine Top 500 Companies Award".
- Received 1st place in the 5th FIESP Water Conservation and Reuse Award at its industrial unit in Várzea Paulista for the implementation of three projects: reduction of the water collected from the Jundiaí River, reduction in the emission of liquid effluents and the collection of rainwater for industrial use.
- Classified among the 35 Top Companies in the Private Sector in the State of São Paulo at the award event for "The Best Companies for Interns," promoted by the Company-School Integration Center (CIEE).
- The company also received the Honorable Mention in the Economic and Financial Analysis category for the 12th ABRASCA Best Annual Report Award, and had its report classified in second place among companies with earnings of up to R$1 billion in 2009.
- Top Technology Company for the Latin American Financial Sector according to the World Finance Institute and World Finance magazine.
- Top evaluated company in Banking and Commercial Automation during April 2010 edition of the Brand Info Research conducted by the Info Exame magazine. Itautec was included among the 14 companies with the best evaluation by corporate clients.
- Honorable Mention from the Optimus Innovation Awards 2010 in the Innovation and Pioneer category for Itautec Portugal. The Innovation Awards is an initiative of Accenture, a global management consulting, technology service and outsourcing company, with the sponsorship of Optimus, a Portuguese mobile phone operator. Best evaluation in the Banking and Commercial Automation category for Brand Info Research according to the Info Exame magazine.
- Distinguished IT Hardware Company – CW 300 Banking and Commercial Automation, according to the magazine Computerworld, which listed the 300 largest Technology, Information and Communication (TIC) companies in the Brazilian market.
- Ranked 1st for the third consecutive year in the Electro-Mechanical and Consumer Goods category for the Metrics Competition Awards, with the Deposit Module Mechanism product.
- Recognized twice at IDEA Brasil 2010 in the Silver Category for Self-Checkout and in the Bronze category for the Prizis Kiosk. Promoted by Objeto Brasil, the design award is the Brazilian version of the International Design Excellence Awards.
- Lide Entrepreneurship Award in the Entrepreneurial Company in Technology category, undertaken by Lide – Business Leader Group and JLide – Young Business Leaders.
- R&D Excellence Award in the Informática Hoje 2010 Yearbook for the Self-Checkout PayTower project.
- Best positioned Brazilian company in the Fintech ranking for the 100 Largest Global Suppliers of Technology for the Financial Sector, based on the survey conducted by IDC Financial Insights and by the magazine American Banker.
- Top Brazilian Publicly Traded Company for the fifth time over the past 12 years according to Brazil's Association of Capital Market Analysts and Investment Professionals (Apimec).
- Most valuable brand in Brazil for the seventh consecutive time, estimated at R$20.7 billion by the consulting firm Interbrand.
- Brazil's Best Private Banking 2010, Chile's Best Private Banking 2010 and Latin America's Best Managed Companies – Most Convincing & Coherent Business Strategy – By sector: Banking & Financial, according to the Euromoney magazine.
- Green Enterprise IT Awards, offered by the Uptime Institute.
- Most Sustainable Financial Institution in Latin America and Emerging Markets – FT Sustainable Banking Award, granted by the newspaper Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Voted Top Bank in Brazil for the 12th time, and Top Bank in Latin America in the Awards for Excellence promoted by the magazine Euromoney. The magazine also classified Itaú BBA as the Top Cash Management Bank in Brazil for the second consecutive time.
- First Brazilian bank to make the Top 1000 World Banks Ranking, promoted by the magazine The Banker.
- IR Magazine Awards Brazil 2010 in the categories of Gran Prix of
Top IR Program for Large Caps Companies and Top IR Performance
by a CEO or CFO for Roberto Setubal.
- Latin America's Best Investor Relations Program with Investors from
the Bank and Financial Services Sector according to the magazine
- Ranked 1st among Most Transparent Companies on the Ibovespa,
elaborated by Management & Excellence (M&E), for the fourth
- 1st place in the Banks category in the ranking of Most Admired
Companies in Brazil, promoted by the Carta Capital magazine.
- Top Research Team in Brazil for Itaú BBA, according to the
magazine Institutional Investor.
- Best Latin America Equity House for Itaú BBA, according to
- Ranked 1st among Brazil's largest banks, based on net equity,
according to the special edition of the Exame magazine 2010
"Biggest and Best".